Manulife Vietnam’s vision is to be the most professional financial services organization in Vietnam. Manulife Vietnam became the first foreign-owned life insurance company licensed in Vietnam in June 1999, and currently maintains over 390,000 policies through a network of 10,000 professionally trained agents. Headquarter at Manulife Plaza, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Manulife Vietnam has a nationwide network of 17 offices across 13 major cities.
Manulife Vietnam is committed to offering forward-thinking products and services, such as:
• My Family: a financial protection against the 31 most common critical illnesses up to the age of 85 as well as a hospitalization cash subsidy up to the age of 75.
• Manulife – My Dream and Manulife – My Love: a single premium or a 6-year premium period with a 20-year comprehensive financial protection.
• Manulife – My Talent: a savings fund for children up to the age of 12 for their university education and a medical fund to cover unforeseen hospitalization expenses against illnesses or surgery.
• Manulife – My Friend: Manulife Vietnam’s micro-insurance programme in collaboration with Vietnam Women’s Union provides financial protection to in need women and their families in rural areas of Vietnam.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
• In November 2011, Manulife Vietnam became the first ISO 9001:2008-accredited foreign life insurer in Vietnam. This ISO is the most widely recognized international standard for quality management systems.
• On March 2013, for the tireless efforts to provide the best service to customers, Manulife Vietnam has been proudly awarded the 2012 Golden Dragon Award for “Best Life Insurance Service” by the Vietnam Economic Times, the country’s leading business magazine. This is the fourth year that the Company is honoured and proud to achieve this award.
Manulife’s Quy Bui received the 2012 Golden Dragon Award.
Manulife Vietnam strongly believes in giving back to the communities where we do business and encourages our employees and agency members to do the same. Our support focuses on community-building in both educational and charitable activities. Since 1999, Manulife Vietnam has donated a total of more than VND 11 billion to community activities in Vietnam. Some of the most recent activities and programs to which the Company has donated time and money to support the communities include:
• Education: the Manulife – For your future programme, which provides scholarships for pupils; the Manulife – My Future programme, which provides interest-free loans to university students. Manulife Vietnam also supports the National Library for the Blind, the Let’s Help Children Go to School programme and the Vietnam Association (Promoting and Supporting Educational Development).
• Health: Manulife’s Annual Blood Donation drives, Terry Fox Run, Hanoi Run for Children, Operation Smile, Health Check and Care programmes.
• Children: Manulife’s Houses of Love for underprivileged people, Saigon Children’s Charity.
MANULIFE VIETNAM AT-A-GLANCE
Manulife Vietnam granted VND 500 million cheque to universities as part of the “Manulife –My future” programme to provide interest-free loans for underprivileged students.
|| Mr. Chung Ba Phuong, Chief Executive Officer and General Director (4/2012)
Years in country / established date
| 13 / 1999
|Number of employees
|| Over 470
|Number of agents
|| Over 10,000
|Number of policies
|| Over 392,000
|Business units / lines
|| Life insurance
|| VND 7.184 trillion (US$ 337 million)
|Number of offices
|| 17 offices in 13 cities/provinces
All information current as of 31 March 2013 unless otherwise indicated